Jonathan Kittel, LPC, LMFT
Hi, I’m Jonathan.
I love what I do. I love helping people know what needs to change in their life and relationships, and empower them to take steps to reach these goals. My areas of specialty include working with disconnected couples, stressed-out teenagers, and overwhelmed parents in need of support and guidance.
A little background
The choice to become a counselor was not something I took lightly. Before setting out on this path I had experience in other “helping” professions. I took a lot of time to understand my passions, gifts, and abilities. I have invested great amounts of energy into my counseling education, training, and supervision. For me, counseling is a very central piece to my life’s work. Watching people take steps to change their experience and relationships invigorates me. Being a part of that process is even more incredible and humbling.
Some of my experience
Here’s a bit more of the traditional information you might expect in a typical “bio” page:
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT), North & South Carolina
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), South Carolina
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- M.A. in Counseling, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, Cum Laude
- M.Div., Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary, Cum Laude
- B.A., Furman University, Cum Laude
- Psi Chi, The International Honors Society for Psychology, Member
- American Counseling Association, Professional Member
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT), Member
- Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (S.T.E.P.), Certified Instructor
I am the founder and owner of Wellspring Counseling. Before launching Wellspring, I worked at an outpatient group practice where I provided counseling to individuals, couples, adolescents, and families dealing with issues related to depression, anxiety, ADHD and marriage/relationship concerns. I also have prior clinical experience working in inpatient settings, conducting psycho-social assessments and leading group therapy for adults and adolescents with a variety of clinical concerns.
A few personal qualities
In addition to my clinical work, I had the privilege of serving on the staff of Mitchell Road Presbyterian Church for nearly 10 years, ministering to youth, families and adults. Many of my clients appreciate that my own worldview is shaped by historic Christian truths. My experience and training make me uniquely suited to address matters of faith and spirituality in the context of therapy–if desired by my clients. When I’m not working with clients, I love spending time with my wife and three children. I’ve lived my entire life in the Upstate of South Carolina. If given the option, I will choose to be outside exploring the mountains, relaxing at the lake, playing sports, or exercising of some kind.